By Jeanette Bicknell
In Philosophy of track and making a song: An Introduction, Jeanette Bicknell explores key aesthetic, moral, and different philosophical questions that experience no longer but been completely researched by way of philosophers, musicologists, or scientists. concerns addressed include:
- The courting among the which means of a song’s phrases and its music
- The performer’s position and the resultant gender issues, social ontology, and private identity
- The performer’s moral duties to audiences, composers, lyricists, and people for whom the cloth holds specific significance
- The metaphysical prestige of remoted solo performances in comparison to the continual making a song of opera or the interrupted making a song of degree and monitor musicals
Each bankruptcy specializes in one significant musical instance and comprises numerous shorter discussions of different decisions. All were selected for his or her illustrative energy and their accessibility for any reader and are without problems available.
Read or Download A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction PDF
Similar aesthetics books
A pioneering exploration of the roots of our attitudes towards nature, Paul Shepard's such a lot seminal paintings is as difficult and provocative this present day as while it first seemed in 1967. guy within the panorama used to be one of the first books of a brand new style that has elucidated the tips, ideals, and photographs that lie in the back of our glossy destruction and conservation of the wildlife.
Paintings and philosophy are primary modes of expression of human self-consciousness. What differentiates and what connects them? in simple terms philosophy can solution this query. The query is either a basic query of philosophy in addition to a query of the importance of paintings for human self-understanding.
Niente resterà intatto è un’opera irriducibile a un genere preciso. Attraversa strategicamente l. a. storia della filosofia, ma offre al lettore, a sua volta, una filosofia singolare. l. a. sua tesi di fondo è che nulla può sottrarsi all’esposizione, alla fragilità, ma fragile è anche il contrario di docile.
Whereas it truly is gaining in educational prominence, dialogue of the mind's eye is just too frequently missed. Society is dangerously ignorant of the intimate courting among tradition and politics, ethics and aesthetics. hard this, Jay Patrick Starliper examines the mind's eye during the lens of the paintings of Peter Viereck and different likeminded thinkers.
- Nietzsche's Orphans: Music, Metaphysics, and the Twilight of the Russian Empire (Eurasia Past and Present)
- Life Truth in its Various Perspectives: Cognition, Self-Knowledge, Creativity, Scientific Research, Sharing-in-Life, Economics… (Analecta Husserliana)
- Ästhetik in Metaphysikkritischen Zeiten: 100 Jahre "Zeitschrift für Ästhetik und Allgemeine Kunstwissenschaft" (Zeitschrift für Ästhetik und Allgemeine Kunstwissenschaft, Sonderhefte) (German Edition)
- Art, Morality and Human Nature (St Andrews Studies in Philosophy and Public Affairs)
Extra info for A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction